During the use of our remote learning plan, we have set some expectations for the following:
- Attend school every day: Students will complete attendance by 11am each day through using the E-Learning Attendance Google Form located on the GAVC website.
- Be Responsible:
- Check your Digital Learning Platform (Google Classroom; Moodle for current users as approved by building administrator) for Learning Activities each day ○
- Check your teachers’ online availability hours so you know how to connect with them
- Actively engage in learning activities, assignments and assessments as directed by your teacher
- Grades will be assigned to assignments and assessments
- Be respectful to yourself, teachers and peers
- This includes producing and submitting high-quality work to your teachers
- Perform Assigned tasks and be prepared for class each day
- Turn in assignments in a timely manner
- Reach out to the teacher, ask questions and seek clarification if necessary
- This can be done through email or pre-arranged conferences with teachers ○ Please allow a response window of 24 hours from your teacher(s), during the school week
- All Code of Conduct rules remain in effect for E-learning while on our learning platforms.
- Ensure that your student is checking in for attendance each day using the E-Learning Attendance. Grades will be assigned to assignments and assessments.
- Check the Digital Learning Platform (Google Classroom 3-12, and Moodle for current users as approved by building administrator) for each course they are assigned: ○
- Each Monday with your student - check the plan for activities, assignments, and assessments to be completed for the week ○
- Each Thursday with your student - check your student’s assignment completion status and follow up with them about any remaining work that needs to be done by the end of the week
- Verify that your child has completed and submitted their assignments through the Digital Learning Platform. For those in grades 6-12, check Skyward for current grades and messages
- Reserve a space within your home to allow students to complete their schoolwork.
- ● Help students establish and follow regular daily routines:
- Encourage students to get plenty of sleep
- ● Allow students to work independently do not feel the need to correct all their errors.
- Monitor technology usage and set limits for personal technology
- Ensure students log in to Google Classroom and other platforms as needed, on a daily basis
- Remind students to check their email on a daily basis
- Reach out to teachers to ask questions and seek clarification if necessary -This can be done through email or pre-arranged conferences with teachers -Please allow a response window of 24 hours from your teacher(s) during the school week
● Teachers will be prepared to deliver E-Learning through online instruction starting day one of the 2020-2021 school year.
● Teachers will begin the school year by sharing information with students and parents about communication including:
○ School email address
○ How to engage in online availability hours with the teacher
○ How to access the teacher’s Digital Learning Platform